We’re pleased to announce a release candidate version of Jungle Disk 2.50a is now available for download. We’ve eliminated all known issues from the previous beta releases and have completed all the planned features for the 2.5 release. If no further issues come up this will be the final 2.5 release, so we’re encouraging all users to try it now!
Jungle Disk 2.5 is a major upgrade for Jungle Disk, bringing a number of highly requested features. Highlights of the new version include:
- Installs and runs as a background service. Will keep running even if Jungle Disk Monitor is closed or logged out.
- Automatic backups are performed even when not logged in to the computer
- Native filesystem support on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 and 2008
- EU support for Jungle Disk Plus
- Native 64-bit versions for Windows and Linux
- New download resume ability for large file downloads and restores
- Wake from sleep for backups now available on Mac in addition to Windows
- Backup in-use files feature works on Vista without UAC constraints
- Easy backup of data for multiple user accounts on the same computer
- “Time-machine” style restore interface, allowing to you restore files from a point-in-time view of your backup
- Automatic updates on Windows (built-in) and Mac (using Sparkle)
The upgrade is free for all users. Beat the rush and get Jungle Disk 2.5 now!